Canon DP-V2410 24-inch 4K Professional Reference Display Monitor
Canon DP-V2410 24-inch 4K Professional Reference Display Monitor
Lightweight and robust this 24-inch, 4K professional reference display offers superb image quality and fits seamlessly into 4K production workflows. Ideal for on-set uality
control and colour management.
- 24" 4096 x 2160 10-Bit IPS LCD
- Supports Cinema & Broadcast Frame Rates
- 10-Bit DCI Color/Contrast Compliant
- Canon Log and Log 2 HDR Support
- Image Enhancement Functions
- Camera Assist Tools
- Internal 4K RAW De-Bayering
- 1D/3D LUT Support
- Audio Level and Timecode Display
The ideal on-set display for 4K and HDR
Ideal for on-set quality control and colour management this lightweight and robust 24-inch, 4K reference display offers superb image quality with HDR capability and fits seamlessly into 4K production workflows.
- The DP-V2410 4K Reference Display is is equipped with a 24-inch IPS (In-Plane Switching) LCD panel that outputs a resolution of 4096 x 2160 pixels. This 10-bit panel provides a wide viewing angle that displays images with edge-to-edge consistency with minimal color shifting. It is well suited for a wide variety of on-set cinema uses or as a 4K UHD program monitor in the control rooms of mobile sports and event-production trucks. The display measures approximately 23.4" x 15.7" x 7.4" and is built with a sturdy metal frame, while weighing about 26 pounds. The display also features a carrying handle, an integrated control panel, solid metal frame, adjustable feet and inputs for 24V DC battery power (or 100-240V AC).
- OSD and Front Panel Buttons
- The OSD (on-screen display) menu and control layout of the DP-V2410 is designed to deliver at-a-glance communication of visual information. It is the same proven OSD as that used for the Canon DP-V3010 4K Reference Display. Users can also change OSD positions according to the resolution of images displayed.
The front panel buttons and jog dial are laid out in the same positions as they are on the CL-01 display controller of the DP-V3010 4K Reference Display. The labels and buttons are illuminated to enable operation in dark areas, and frequently used functions can be assigned to the function buttons.
- 4K UHD and Cinema Standards
- It supports ITU-R BT.2020, ACESproxy (ACES 1.0), DCI-P3 digital cinema standard, as well as ITU-R BT.709, EBU, and SMPTE-C broadcast standards. The DP-V2410 4K Reference Display's advanced gamut mapping technology supports ITU-R BT.2020 to optimally display color data outside of the native panel color gamut. The reference display also supports ITU-R BT.2020 color matrix (constant luminance) by converting consistent luminance YUV signals to linear signals and then converting them to RGB signals and, finally, adding gamma. This process allows the monitoring of images recorded with constant luminance.
- DCI Compliant Contrast Ratio
- The monitor can achieve a contrast ratio of 2000:1, which is compliant with DCI standards.
- Supporting the display of High Dynamic Range (HDR) footage captured by Canon's proprietary Canon Log and Canon Log 2. The DP-V2410 allows users to view and confirm the subtle details of underexposed and overexposed areas of displayed images and to compare SDR (Standard Dynamic Range) images with HDR images.
- Image Tools
- Image Enhancement Functions
- Boost Contrast: This function allows the display's contrast range to increase from 0-1500 when off, and then from 1500-4000 when turned on.
- Backlight Scanning: The DP-V2410 4K Reference's Backlight Scanning uses a full array RGB backlight, allowing individual backlight areas to be partially turned off includes three adjustment choices (high, low, and off). This feature helps reduce the image-hold period inherent to LED technology while images are being displayed, and results in crisp video playback, reducing the perception of blurring between video frames. It also enhances static image contrast ratio.
- Shape Trace: The majority of cinema and commercial production work still use HD and 2K video. The DP-V2410 display is equipped with three types of screen scaling functions, including the Canon Shape Tracing technology - an original technology that helps to minimize artifacts on scaled images. Using the Canon Shape Tracing technology, the DP-V2410 display detects the angles of hard edges and selects an appropriate interpolation to help provide smooth diagonal lines and optimal image rendering, further extending the display's application during location/studio shoots and within color-grading, DI, CGI, VFX and other post-production workflows.
- Internal 4K De-Bayering and Raw Pass Through
- The DP-V2410 4K Reference Display can perform 4K RAW format image de-bayering internally when working with a signal from the Canon C500 or C300 Mark II, without the need for any external de-bayering equipment. This enables a 4K production-monitoring environment to be set-up with minimal wiring connections. It is also possible to use a recorder that does not include a de-bayering function by passing the signals straight through the DP-V2410 display to the recorder.
- 4K ACES Support
- The DP-V2410 4K Reference Display supports the ACES (Academy Color Encoding System) color management standard (Version 1.0). It is capable of providing RAW format image de-bayering and IDT (input device transform), enabling the reference display to transfer RAW format images to the ACES color space, as well as supporting any source input that complies with ACESproxy.
- Shooting Assistance Tools
- Peaking: Peaking is a real-time, focus assist tool that superimposes pulsing lines over the area if your image that is most contrasy, and therefore most in focus. This makes it easier to confirm that subjects are in-focus or not in-focus.
- 4K Waveform Monitor and Vectorscope: These are superimposed on the screen display. The signal level is displayed using the waveform monitor function (six types: Y, Cr, Cb, R, G, and B). The two color-difference signals (Cb and Cr) are each displayed with "X axis/Y axis" when the vector scope function is engaged.
- Zooming Function: Any area of the screen can be selected and enlarged. Magnifying a portion of the picture can make the focusing process easier to accomplish.
- False Color: Provides under/over luminance warning by presenting the image as a series of color values representing exposure. For example, over exposure (above 100% luminance level) is indicated in red and loss of dark detail (under 0% luminance level) is indicated in blue.
- Frame Hold: This function freezes the image to be checked and displays it on the screen. It can also be used to capture the image shown on the screen as a photo.
- Area Markers: Adjustable in size and position, these rectangles can be set using this function. They are used for checking the areas where the subtitles and duration of TV broadcasts are to be indicated. Also incorporated are functions for displaying safety zone markers, center markers, and grid markers.
- Image Capture: This function saves the currently displayed image as an image file in a USB memory, such as "thumb drive." Users can choose whether to capture only the video image or also include the marker, waveform monitor, and other image auxiliary functions and OSD menus as well.
- Background Color: When images are to be displayed, users can select white, gray, or black as the color of the black bands in the image non-display areas, which are displayed due to the differences in the view angle. This function is used to check the image quality at the boundaries of the image display and non-display areas.
- Fan Shutdown: The DP-V2410 4K features a mode in which the display's internal fan is shut down for a prescribed period of time during camera shooting. This mode can be linked with professional-use cameras such as the Canon Cinema EOS cameras.
- Audio Level Meter Display
- This provides a clear, instant visual representation of how loud the sound is being picked up by the camera's microphone(s). The DP-V2410 4K Reference Display also includes a stereo mini-jack for headphones.
- 1D/3D LUT Support
- The monitor supports direct importing of both 1D and 3D Look-up Tables (LUTs) for accurate and consistent color matching between individual displays, as well as using customized 'looks' that have been created by third-party color-grading applications. Multiple LUTS can be setup per picture mode giving users the ability to rapidly compare up to 8 different LUTs without having to change the picture mode.
- Consistent Color Image Quality
- The DP-V2410 4K Reference Display utilizes built-in auto-correct functions that consistently monitor color, brightness, and other parameters that keep the display at a high level of uniformity at all times. These functions include the following:
- Precise Color Adjustment Prior to Shipment : In order to achieve high color uniformity, each DP-V2410 4K Reference Display undergoes a high-precision calibration process before shipping from the factory. External calibration allows users to maintain factory settings as well as make adjustments for specific display applications.
- Automatic Color and Brightness Correction System: A special control system within the DP-V2410 4K Reference Display constantly measures ambient lighting conditions, as well as internal display changes - including color temperature and brightness - to help reduce fluctuations in light levels and color, thereby helping to ensure long-term image stability and consistency.
- Calibration Without a PC: The DP-V2410 4K Reference Display can be calibrated easily and conveniently without the need for an external PC workstation. Using third-party external sensors, users can calibrate the display in accordance with viewing environment and application.
- Four 3G/HD-SDI BNC connectors, and one HDMI
- Four 3G/HD-SDI BNC connectors, One stereo audio mini-jack, and one USB-A port.
- One RJ-45 (IEEE 802.3 10BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX compliant).
|Panel Type||IPS LCD panel|
|Screen Size||24-inch (61.1 cm)|
|Resolution||4096x2160 pixels (8.8 megapixels)|
|Active Display Area||Approx. 540.7 x 285.1 mm|
|Pixel Pitch||132 µm|
|Panel Driver||1024 gradations 10-bit for each RGB colour|
|Brightness (Standard)||48 cd/m2 (DCI), 100 cd/m2|
|Contrast ratio||2000:1 or greater|
|View Angle (Left:Right, Up:Down)||89° (contrast ratio 10 : 1 or higher)|
|Backlight Type||RGB LED, Matrix array|
|Power||AC Power: 100V to 240V, 50/60 Hz
DC Power: 24V (via XLR connector)
|Power consumption||At maximum load: Approx. 210 W
At factory shipment: Approx. 160 W
Range: 0 to 40 °C, 20 to 85% RH (no condensation)
Recommended: 15 to 30 °C
-20 to 40 ˚C, 10 to 85% RH (no condensation);
41 to 60 ˚C, 10 to 30% RH (no condensation)
|Dimensions (width x height x depth)||Approx. 594 x 399 x 187 mm (with stand)
Approx. 594 x 399 x 106mm (without protruding parts)
|Weight||Approx. 12 kg|
|Mounting Hole Pitch||VESA* standard 100 x 100 mm|
|Input Interfaces||3G/HD-SDI: 4 (1 system), BNC (75Ω)
HDMI: 1 (1 system), Type A (HDCP 2.2)
|Output Interface||3G/HD-SDI: 4 (pass-through 1 system)
Headphone: Stereo mini-jack
|Control Interfaces||USB, 1 (USB 2.0 High Speed supported)
LAN, 1 RJ-45 terminal
|Supplied Accessories||AC Power Cord, Instruction Manual, Instruction Manual Disc|
|*VESA are registered trademarks of Video Electronics Standards Association in the U.S and other countries.|
|*Specifications and exterior are subject to change without notice.|