Panasonic H-HPS14042E (HHPS14042E) LUMIX G X Vario PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. POWER OIS Lens
- New Premium Lens Brand “X” From LUMIX G Micro System
- Digital Interchangeable Power Zoom Lens
- Nano Surface Coating Technology
- Light Speed AF and Shortened Shutter Time Lag
- POWER O.I.S.(Optical Image Stabilizer)
- Lens Construction: 9 elements in 8 groups (4 aspherical lenses , 2 ED lens)
- Nano Surface Coating: yes
- Optical Image Stabilizer: YES (POWER OIS)
- Focal Length: f=14-42mm (35mm camera equivalent 28-84mm)
- Aperture Type: 7 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm
- Aperture Range: F3.5(Wide) - F5.6(TELE)
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Mount: Micro Four Thirds mount
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.2m / 0.66ft
- Maximum magnification: Approx. 0.17x / 0.34x (35mm camera equivalent)
- Diagonal Angle of View: 75°(Wide) to 29°(TELE)
- Filter Size: φ37mm / 1.5in
- Max. Diameter: φ61mm / 2.4in
- Overall Length: Approx. 26.8mm (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount, under the condition when lens is stored) / 1.1in
- Weight: Approx. 95g / 3.4oz (excluding lens cap and lens rear cap)
The LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./POWER O.I.S. is a new cutting-edge interchangeable lens which incorporates electric-powered zoom operation from the new premium lens brand “X” for LUMIX G Micro System that complies with Micro Four Thirds System standard. The lens features superb image rendering for lifelike textures, crisp edge-to-edge contrast, a unique Nano Surface Coating for minimal ghosts and flaring and natural atmospheres with remarkable transparency.
Comprising of 9 lenses in 8 groups, the lens system features excellent contrast at entire zoom range. The inclusion of 4 aspherical lenses that helps achieving the downsizing of lens unit also improves optical performance by minimizing distortion, even at the 28 mm wide end. The 2 ED lenses effectively compensates for the chromatic aberration. And, the retractable-type zoom lens boasts outstanding compactness with approx. 26.8 mm** in length and approx. 95g in weight to realize ultra-high mobility.
The Nano Surface Coating technology minimizes the reflection at entire visual light range (380nm-780nm) by applying the extra-low refractive index coating with nano-sized structure on the surface of the lens. It results in the super clear image with dramatic reduction of ghost and flare.
Adopting an inner focus system driven by a stepping motor, the superior optical design realizes outstanding smoothness to support the high speed AF system of LUMIX G cameras. It achieves approx. 0.1 second Light Speed AF*** thanks to the downsizing of focus lens and its amount of movement. By speeding up the aperture control, shutter time lag is also shortened by approx. 40% compared with the LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH. /MEGA O.I.S..****.
** When the lens is retracted.
***The time for focusing on the subject is measured with the DMC-GF3 to move the lens position to ""2m"" from ""infinity"" position at wide-end. Panasonic measurement method.
****Measured with DMC-GF3. The time required to start exposure after the shutter button is fully pressed after the lens position is moved from “infinity” to “2m”. The zoom position is at wide-end.*5/ *5 The firmware of the GF3 must be updated to Ver.1.1 or later. Panasonic measurement method.