Canon XF400 4K UHD 60P Camcorder with Dual Pixel Autofocus - 2213C007
Full HD 1080p and UHD 4K up to 60 fps—captured to dual SD card slots—and outputs via an HDMI 2.0 port. On the audio side, the XF400 features four channels of audio with manual/automatic recording levels, and two XLR inputs. Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to control the camera's functions via browser and transfer proxy files.
Canon XF400 4K UHD 60P Camcorder with Dual Pixel Autofocus - 2213C007
The new Canon XF400 & XF405 Camcorders are offering a new 1.0-Type CMOS sensor with Fast Auto Focus (Dual Pixel CMOS AF) as one of its main new features. Combine that with an impressive 15x 4K zoom lens and lightweight body and compact design we think the Canon XF400 & XF405 are onto a winner. Combine that with the addition of a 100P high frame rate and network capability for FTP transfer and remote control, this camcorder is ideal for newsgathering, documentary or corporate use.
- 8.29MP, 1" CMOS Sensor
- UHD 4K 60 fps, HD 120 fps Onboard
- HDMI 2.0 Output
- Integrated 15x Optical Zoom Lens
- Advanced Zoom up to 30x
- Dual XLR Inputs, Four Channels of Audio
- Dual Pixel CMOS Autofocus Feature
- 2 x DIGIC DV 6 Processors
- 2 x SD Memory Card Slots
4K UHD/50P recording on SD cards with high frame rates
- The XF400 supports UHD/50P MP4 and XF-AVC format (150Mbps) recording along with additional XF-AVC support coming via a firmware update in 2018.
- The XF400 offers 100P high frame rate recording, which brings stunning slow motion in Full HD.
- The combination of 1.0-Type CMOS sensor and dual DIGIC DV6 offers high image quality footage with clarity and detail with outstanding high sensitivity and low noise.
- “Wide DR” mode enables the user to shoot with an 800% wide dynamic range providing details in mid to high tone.
High quality 4K lens with 15x zoom
- A newly developed 4K lens for 1.0 -Type CMOS sensor, using Super UD elements which minimise chromic aberration.
- The XF400 features an ultra-wide 25.5mm along with high magnification 15x optical zoom in 4K.
- A 30x Advanced Zoom capability in Full HD mode without image deterioration.
- A 9-blade iris diaphragm allows the operator to shoot beautiful and natural ’bokeh’.
- An advanced 5 axis Image Stabilizer helps to reduce image distortion.
- XF400 features three built-in optical density (ND) filters of 1/4, 1/16 and 1/64 (2, 4 and 6 stops).
- 0.8x Wide angle and 1.5x tele-converter for additional flexibility and coverage in 4K and Full HD.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF for high-speed, precise autofocus
- The XF400 offers Dual Pixel CMOS AF, fast and accurate autofocusing in area of approx. 80% (vertically) x 80% (horizontally) of the image.
- The XF400 touch screen allows focus control and camera operation for an intuitive operation.
- Various AF options are offered including Face Priority AF and Face Only AF.
- The innovative Dual Pixel Focus Guide supports manual focus shooting by telling the focus position visually. Network capability with FTP transfer and remote control
- The XF400 gives you more mobility – FTP files transfer directly from the camcorder or wirelessly by built-in WiFi.
- Using the XF400’s built-in Wi-Fi, it is possible to control via a smartphone or tablet using a Browser Remote. Additionally, the camcorder is fully compatible with the Canon Remote Controller RC-V100. IP Streaming (Full HD)*
- Compact in size, lightweight and fully featured, the XF400 can meet a wide range of individual needs.
- The XF400 features an Infrared Mode allowing users to capture video in conditions with little to no ambient light.
- With Dual SD card slots the XF400 can record simultaneously to each of the two SD cards, providing an instant backup. With relay recording, the camera automatically switches recording from one SD card to the other when the first memory card becomes full.
- Variety of connectivity options feature on the XF400, including 3G-SDI (A model only), HDMI and two XLRs on the detachable handle.
- Flexible and high quality linear PCM 4ch audio is supported
- Five assignable buttons on the XF400 body provide a convenient way to set up the camera to individual requirements and to customise control based on user preference.
- Remote operation of the XF400 is possible with the Canon Remote Controller RC-V100, allowing users to operate from a distance.
|Sensor||1.0Inch type CMOS|
|Filter||RGB Primary Colour Filter|
|Total Pixels||13.2 MP|
|Effective pixels per sensor||8.29 MP|
|Subject illumination range||Approx. 0.1 lx 01 to 100,000 lx|
|Minimum illumination||Approx. 1.4 lx , P Mode(shutter speed 1/25 sec.) (50.00P; with auto slow shutter On), Low Light Mode: Approx. 0.1 lx (shutter speed 1/2 sec.)|
|Zoom Ratio||15 x Optical|
|Focal length||Approx. 25.5 to 382.5 mm|
|Minimum focus distance||10 mm at wide end, 60 cm across entire zooming range|
"3 densities: turret switched, motor-driven.
Each press of the ND button will switch the display between ND 1/4, ND 1/16, and ND 1/64."
|Zoom control||Via Zoom Rocker Switch, Lens Control ring or Remote Control|
|Zoom speed||Selectable. Variable or constant speed. Fast, Normal or Slow speed.|
|Focus control||"Manual via Lens Ring, Dual Pixel CMOS AF, Face Only, Face Priority "|
|Iris control||Manual via Iris Control Dial, Auto|
|Aperture range||f/2.8 - f/11 (AV Priority and Manual Modes)|
|Lens elements/groups||14 groups of 18 elements (double aspherical lenses and single Hi-UD lenses)|
|Aperture blades||9 Blades|
|Image stabilization system||"Optical system (lens shift) + electronic stabilization Dynamic, Powered IS, Standard"|
|Digital zoom/Teleconverter||Yes. 300 X Digital Zoom, 2 X Digital Teleconverter.|
|Type||Dual DIGIC DV6|
|Dynamic Range||12 stops (800%) in Wide DR mode|
|Sampling accuracy||YCC 4:2:0|
|Bit depth||8 bit|
|Video storage media||SD/SDHC/SDXC card|
|Type||Class U3 recommended for recording at 150MBPS|
|Recording time (64GB Card, approx.)||150 Mbps: 55 Minutes. 35Mbps: 240 Mins|
|Recording file system||FAT32/exFAT|
|Internal Recording format||"MP4 3840x2160 (150 Mbps) / 1920x1080 (35/17 Mbps) / 1280x720 (8/4 Mbps) NTSC: 59.94P / 29.97P / 23.98P PAL: 50.00P / 25.00P"|
|External Recording Output|| "SDI: XF405 Only
NTSC:1920x1080 59.94P YCC422 10bit /1920x1080 29.97P YCC422 10bit
PAL: 1920x1080 50.00P YCC422 10bit / 1920x1080 25.00P YCC422 10bit
HDMI: XF405 and XF400
NTSC: 3840x2160 59.94P YCC420 8bit / 1920x1080 59.94P YCC422 10bit / 3840x2160 29.97P YCC422 8bit / 1920x1080 29.97P YCC422 10bit
PAL: 3840x2160 50.00P YCC420 8bit /1920x1080 50.00P YCC422 10bit / 3840x2160 25.00P YCC422 8bit / 1920x1080 25.00P YCC422 10bit"
|Recording frame rate (PAL Mode)||50.00P/25.00P|
|Slow/Fast motion||"Yes.3840 x 2160: 50.00P x2, x4, x10, x20, x60, x120, x600, x1200 17.5 Mbps. 25.00P x0.5 180 Mbps 1920 x 1080/1280 x 720:50.00P x0.5, x2, x4, x10, x20, x60, x120, x600, x1200 70 Mbps. 25.00P x0.25, x0.5 140 Mbps"|
|Pre Record (cache record)||Yes, 3 seconds|
|Still quality||"3840x2160 / 1920x1080 / 1280x720 (Still image resolution is dependent on the video resolution)"|
|Photo storage media||SD Card|
|Recording||MPEG-4 AAC-LC (16-bit 2CH) / LPCM (16-bit 4CH)|
|Control||Manual or Auto|
|Reference tone||1KHz, -12dB / -18dB / -20dB / Off|
|Microphone level meter||Yes|
|Type||LCD Capacitive touch panel|
|Size||3.5-inch (8.9 cm)|
|Dots||(approx. 1.56 million dots)|
|Focus Assist||Yes. Focus Guide Function in MF|
|Peaking||Yes. Selectable Peaking Colour: Red / Blue / Yellow|
|Zebra||Yes. 70%, 100%|
|Markers||Yes. Horizontal (grey) / Horizontal (white) / Grid (grey) / Grid (white)|
|Dots||approx. 1.56 million dots|
|Correction lens||.+2.0 - -5 diopter|
|Audio in||"XLR 3-pin jacks (x2), balanced on Handle Unit. 3.5mm Stereo jack (unbalanced) on camera body"|
|Headphone output||Yes. 3.5mm|
|Video monitor output||No|
|USB||Yes. Min-B and Hi-Speed USB supported|
|SD-SDI output||Yes. BNC Connector|
|Time code||No. Timecode out via HDMI is possible|
|LAN||Yes. Ethernet connector (RJ45) (supports 1000 BASE-T)|
|DC input||Yes. 3.4mm Jack|
|Remote Control Terminal||Yes. 2.5mm mini jack|
|Exposure metering||"Centre-weighted average metering: In the AUTO, P, Av, Tv, Portrait, Sports, Low Light and IR modes Segment evaluative metering: Snow, Beach, Sunset, Spotlight, Night modes No metering: Fireworks; Fixed exposure [1/60 sec. (PAL: 1/50 sec.)], M (manual exposure)"|
|Exposure compensation||Highlight AE, Exposure lock, Auto backlight compensation, Exposure compensation amount shown as ±3 when locked or ±2 in AUTO (±8 increments).|
|Auto Exposure mode||P, Tv, Av,), SCN (Portrait, Sports, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Night, Low Light, Spotlight, Fireworks)|
|Auto Gain Control setting||Yes|
|Auto Gain Control limit||"In manual exposure (P, Av, and Tv modes): 0-29 dB (in 1 dB increments) Not wide DR mode, not S&F x 1/4: 0-29 dB (in 1 dB increments) Not wide DR mode, S&F x 1/4: 9-29 dB (in 1 dB increments) Wide DR mode, not S&F x 1/4: 9-29 dB (in 1 dB increments) Wide DR mode, S&F x 1/4: 18-29 dB (in 1 dB increments) "|
|Gain setting||"M (Manual) shooting, Not wide DR: 0-42 dB (1 dB increments) Wide DR: 9-42 dB (1 dB increments) (Some of the above values include TBD items.)"|
|Preset||"Daylight: 5,600 K, Tungsten: 3,200, Default value for set 1, set 2: 5,600 K Colour temperature (Kelvin) setting ranges from 2,000 K to 15,000 K."|
|Control Modes||Manual, Tv, Auto, P Mode|
|Shutter speed (PAL)||1/2 - 1/2000 sec|
|Slow shutter (SLS)||"50.00P: Auto slow shutter On: 1/25 to 1/500 sec. Auto slow shutter Off 1/50 to 1/500 sec 25.00P: Auto slow shutter On 1/12.5* to 1/500 sec.(*Display is 1/12.) Auto slow shutter Off: 1/25 to 1/500 sec."|
|Infared shooting mode||Yes|
|Built-in IR lamp||Yes, in Handle Unit|
|Colour Bars||EBU / SAMPTE (PAL); SMPTE / ARIB (NTSC)|
|Accessory shoe||Cold Shoe|
|Custom Button Assignment||"Yes. 5 assignable buttons. Powered IS / BLC Always On / Face Only AF / WB Priority / Pre Rec / IR Light / Audio Output CH / Focus Guide / [AF/MF] / Rec Review / Enlarged Display / PHOTO / Off "|
|Custom Dial||Yes. [Av / Tv / M] / Exposure Compensation / AGC Limit / Off|
|Wireless LAN standards||IEEE802.11b/g/n/a (2.4 GHz/5 GHz)|
|Supported Wi-Fi Functions||Browser Remote. (Camera Mode) FTP file transfer (Media Mode)|
|Supported Browser for Remote Operation||Internet Explorer 8 or later, Safari (iOS 9 or 10), Safari (MacOS), Android standard browser Andoid 4.4 - 6.0|
|Remote Operation Control Functions||1) Aperture (including ND control) (2) Focus The amount by which the focus is driven toward NEAR and toward FAR can each be controlled in 3 steps. (3) White balance (4) Shutter speed (5) Gain (6) Exposure compensation (7) Shooting mode (8) Zooming and SLOT SELECT control can be exercised. The free memory remaining on the media, time code, remaining battery charge, etc. can be checked. Live View.|
|Live view image Resolution||"Camera setting mode: 680 x 383 Simplified setting mode: 284 x 160"|
|Encryption||"When Wi-Fi has been set manually in the D191, select “Open Encoding,” “Open WEP,” “Shared key/WEP”, “WPA, WPA2-PSK,” or “WPA2-PSK AES.” (*1) At the WPS setting stage, the settings are established automatically according to the authentication and encryption systems set at the access point."|
|GPS Information||"Location (latitude, longitude and altitude) as well as the GPS information while using Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) can be added to MP4 movies and photos. Also, based on this information, the satellite data acquisition status can be checked in camera mode."|
|Count up system||Rec Run / Free Run|
|Start value setting||00:00:00:00 - 23:59:59:29 (PAL 23:59:59:24)|
|Drop Frame||DF / NDF|
|User BIT Type||Setting (00 00 00 00 - FF FF FF FF) / Time / Date|
|Power Consumption||8.4W (MP4, 3840 x 2160, 50.00P Panel in use)|
|Battery Pack||Canon Battery Pack BP-828 (supplied) BP-820 (Optional)|
|Continuous Recording Time (approx.)||BP-828: 125 mins (MP4, 3840 x 2160, 50.00P Panel in use)|
|Dimensions||"Approx. 150 x 216 x 267 mm (approx. 5.9 x 8.5 x 10.5 in.) [Including lens hood, BP-828, mic holder unit, and handle unit]"|
|Weight (camera only)||XF405: 1150g(2.5 lb) XF400: 1145g (2.5lb)|
|Weight (fully equipped)||"D171A:1670g (3.7lb) XF400 1665g (3.7lb) Camera, Lens Hood, Handle Unit, BP-828 batery, 1 SD card"|
|Operating Temparture range||"Approx. 0 to 40 °C, 85 % (relative humidity) Approx. -5 to 45 °C, 60 % (relative humidity)"
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Handle Unit
- Lens hood with lens barrier
- Battery pack BP-828
- Power adapter CA-946
- Mic holder
- Wireless Controller WL-D89
- User manual