Canon have recently announced firmware updates to their professional camcorder and numerous other goods being exhibited at NAB 2016. These firmware updates support quite a few feature updates for users including the enhancement of workflow, ease of use, focusing and lens alterations, colour space, and creative flexibility for goods within the Cinema EOS, HD Video, and 4K Reference Display product lines.
All of the planned firmware updates are listed below:
- The EOS C300 Mark II Digital Cinema Camera updates will permit numerous functions such as capturing in the new Canon Log3, viewfinder magnification throughout recording, a focus indicator with EF Cinema Prime lenses, a push for Auto Iris button, and Zoom function on the grip with New compact-servo and Cine-servo lenses, Canon Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Compact-servo 18-80mm and Cine-servo 17-120mm lenses, ACES 1.0 output, peripheral lighting correction updates and general image enhancements such as noise level decrease in low-light for Canon Log2.
- The EOS C100 Mark II Digital Cinema Camera update will allow numerous new features in a similar fashion, as well as the peripheral lighting correction updates and selectable deactivating of the microphone when needed.
- The DP-V2410 4K Reference Display software will be updated with new firmware to cater for ARRI Log C and ARRI metadata, along with improved display contrast and dynamic range, adding provisions for Canon Log3 and Hybrid Log Gamma, and finally the displaying of SMPTE 2084 input signal on the waveform monitor.
- The DP-V3010 4K Reference Display firmware will be updated to improve display contrast and dynamic range; also adding support for Canon Log3 and Hybrid Log Gamma; and display of SMPTE 2084 input signal on the waveform monitor.
- The CINE-SERVO 17-120mm Lens will be restructured to be work harmoniously with Canon's DAF feature on the EOS C300 Mark II and EOS C100 Mark II Cameras.
- The update for the ME20F-SH Camera will comprise of lens support for an extra 19 EF and CINE lenses, thereby letting you have more creative choice in a bigger selection of shooting applications counting TV and Film too.
- The XA35 and XA30 Professional Camcorders and VIXIA HF G40 Camcorder firmware updates include a brand new file format making it far easier to assimilate into intermediary software systems that are used for applications in coaching.
- The firmware updates for the XF305 and XF300 Professional Camcorders include new capturing options allowing for more creative elasticity, Wide DR Gamma (600%) Mode, Highlight Priority Mode, and a Signal-to-Noise priority function.
The XC10 4K Camcorder firmware will contain a new file format MP4 in HD mode (35 Mbps only), brilliant AF speed, and shutter speed choicer for flicker decrease.