5 Great Techniques for Creative Camcorder Usage
It is not enough to point and shoot these days. Anyone can do this. Using a professional camcorder takes inventiveness and creativity. You really have to be a step above the crowd to make the shot count. You have to find the shot no one else is getting and use it. This requires some "out of the box" thinking". This requires using some good-quality professional camcorders to get the footage, not the sub-par quality cheaper brands available to you now.
Here are 5 ways to get the most out of your professional camcorders.
1) You do not always have to place your professional camcorders on the shoulder. Not everyone has to know how tall you are. Professional camcorder footage needs some low angle shots. These shots show the viewer a bigger than life storyline. You can also get some high angle shots. These shots show the world a bird's eye view of what is happening. The eye level is not going to give you the greatest footage all the time.
2) This is your chance to capture footage you may not be able to get otherwise. It is not just about the ordinary shots anymore. Capture some footage of a person getting some food from the fridge. You will be surprised at the type of footage you can get from the perspective of a hungry person.
3) Use a soft focus more. This will give you a chance to capture different perspectives and elements. This can be done by boosting the shutter speed and opening up the iris. Are you shooting something long distance? Why not put something nearest to you in front of the lens. This will give you a unique perspective on both the near and far items.
4) Try to compress the distance. You can also try to expand on the distance you are using. Say you are shooting something from a distance. Try using a telephoto lens. The background is going to appear so much closer than it is. Your background will appear to be so much closer to the far-away subject, closer than it is. Want to do the opposite. Use your zoom and go out to a wide-angle setting. Begin shooting at a closer range. The background is going to appear to be much farther away.
5) One final thing you can do is try shooting through something. Take a subject and get it to frame through a keyhole. You can do the same by using an archway. You can use a mirror. Use a rear-view mirror to make it happen more accurately. This way you can find something natural each time you look around.
The best shots are the ones you make up. The best shots are the ones no one else has thought of. Be inventive. Be imaginative. Your camcorder will do the rest.