Powerful Software and Hardware Control
ATEM live production switchers have the widest range of control options. You get full switcher control from any laptop or desktop computer with the included ATEM software control panel for both Mac and Windows. For demanding live production environments you can add a hardware based ATEM 1 M/E or 2 M/E Broadcast Panel featuring the highest quality buttons, knobs and faders for even faster switching. You also get an SDK for custom control. Only ATEM gives you such a wide range of control options!
ATEM Production Studio includes advanced 6G-SDI and HDMI 4K inputs that are SD, HD or Ultra HD switchable so you can connect to virtually anything! Every input supports embedded audio mixing and features a frame resynchronizer so you can use sources without genlock such as consumer HDMI cameras or even computers for live PowerPoint™ presentations! You also get 2 balanced XLR audio inputs for connecting professional mixers and a HiFi audio input for consumer equipment like an iPod®.
Get all the outputs you need to record your video master and to broadcast your program to the audience at the event! ATEM includes program and down converted program outputs plus auxiliary outputs allowing clean feeds, perfect for connecting to giant outdoor LED screens, projectors, disk recorders, monitors and broadcast decks! The multi view outputs are 1080i HD so you can use any TV or monitor. You also get a balanced XLR output of your audio mix, which is also embedded into all video outputs.
Multi View Monitoring
ATEM's built in multi view lets you monitor the switcher's video inputs on a single SDI monitor or regular HDMI TV! Multi view outputs in regular 1080i HD, so even if your broadcast is in SD or Ultra HD you can still use a standard TV for monitoring! You can customize the multi view layout and also add custom labels. Multi view makes it easy to watch your program, preview, and 8 live sources all simultaneously on a single monitor. Multi view means you get a true portable solution.
ATEM includes a huge range of real time high quality transitions that are available in all SD, HD or Ultra HD resolutions! Use mixes, dips, wipes and more for amazing broadcast quality live switching! Every transition is instantly available and you get full control of the transition type, pattern, length and other attributes. Create a customized 'on air' looks using the large choice of wipe patterns. The ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K also includes animated stingers and DVE transitions!
Digital Video Effects
The advanced 1 M/E Production Studio 4K model includes a powerful digital video effects processor. Use this amazing high quality DVE to position, resize, rotate and scale live video all in real time. Create professional picture-in-picture effects with customizable 3D borders, shadows and lighting. Add dynamic DVE transitions to your production with squeeze, push, swoosh and spin effects that displace your live video revealing the next source. You can even use the DVE for graphic wipe transitions!
Dual Media Players
ATEM production switchers include media pool memory that lets you download still frames and graphics for keying using the two built in media players. All popular image formats are supported, or you can direct download from Adobe Photoshop with the included plug-in. The ATEM Production Studio 4K supports 20 Ultra HD RGBA still frame graphics and the ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K supports 32 Ultra HD RGBA still frame graphics and 180 frames of real time Ultra HD video or 720 frames of real time 1080 HD video.
ATEM includes amazing quality keying! Get powerful upstream keyers with luminance, linear, pattern and chroma keying that can handle everything from green screen shots to graphics and multi layer special effects. You also get 2 independent downstream keyers for logos, titles and other ‘on air’ graphics. The advanced ATEM 1M/E Production Studio 4K model includes 4 upstream keyers for a massive 6 total independent keyers, allowing you to build exciting effects of up to 8 real time layer.
Amazing Ultra HD
The ATEM Production Studio 4K is the world’s first Ultra HD live production switcher! Ultra HD operates at 4 times the resolution of 1080 HD video with a massive 3840 x 2160 frame size! The entire switcher can be set to Ultra HD and all media players, downstream keyers, upstream keyers, transitions, DVE and color generators operate in native Ultra HD. Even if you’re working in SD or HD now, your ATEM Production Studio 4K switcher is always ready for Ultra HD whenever you need it!
Take advantage of super fast 6G-SDI and HDMI 4K technology with video connections that effortlessly handle Ultra HD using a single cable! 6G-SDI connections are multi rate, and switch between 270 Mb/s, 1.5 Gb/s, 3 Gb/s and 6 Gb/s data rates for compatibility with SD, HD or Ultra HD equipment all on a single BNC connection. That means you can connect to virtually any SDI and HDMI cameras, routers, decks, monitors and more! 6G-SDI gives you a future proof design.
Professional Audio Mixer
All ATEM switchers feature a powerful built in multi channel audio mixer! You can mix your camera audio and other video sources from both HDMI and SDI inputs, as well as external audio from the analog XLR and HiFi audio inputs. You can use the ATEM audio mixer for direct input mixing or use audio follow video mixing where the audio automatically crossfades when switching from one input to another. The analog audio inputs are great for microphones, audio mixers, music players and more!
Independent Aux Output
ATEM switchers have independent auxiliary outputs that are perfect for feeding big video screens on stage or can also be used to send "clean feeds" without on air graphics to recorders for program mastering. The front panel buttons and screen make it easy to select sources such that you want to send to the aux output. Auxiliary outputs can be selected to any video input, media players, the preview bus, test signals and more! Aux outputs are fantastic for tech monitoring with SmartScope Duo.
Software Control Panel
Included free with every ATEM Production Studio 4K Switcher is the beautifully designed ATEM software control panel for both Mac and Windows. With a full visual switcher control panel and parameter pallets for quick switcher adjustments, you can load graphics into the media pool, adjust the audio mixer, update switcher settings and more! For the ultimate in portability you can use the ATEM software on a laptop, so you can work easily in small spaces with full control of all the switcher’s features!
Professional Broadcast Panels
When you want fast professional control of your switcher during extremely complex live production, you can add an optional dedicated hardware broadcast panel to your switcher. Choose the super compact ATEM 1M/E Broadcast Panel, or get the ultimate control with the ATEM 2 M/E broadcast Panel! Both panels feature the highest quality buttons, knobs and controls for the most demanding 24/7 live production environment, giving you precise hands on control of all switcher functions.
Broadcast and live production situations demand mission critical reliability! Thats why ATEM Switchers use an internal aviation quality operating system! Cheap computer based switchers interrupt the video if the computer crashes, while ATEM doesn't have this problem because the computer is only the control panel! With ATEM you still have video output so your live event is protected from any possible computer failure. Simply use other control panels or restart your computer without interruption to the program!
- Full live production switcher with media players, chroma keying, transitions and more.
- Switcher can be selected between SD, HD and Ultra HD video formats instantly.
- Built in multi view lets you see 8 sources, preview and program on an HD-SDI and HDMI output.
- 10 Inputs total with 10 6G-SDI and 1 HDMI inputs. All inputs feature auto re-sync.
- 2 6G-SDI program outputs, 1 HDMI 4K program out and 1 down converted HD-SDI program output.
- Built in media pool graphics storage for 32 RGBA Ultra HD stills and 180 frame Ultra HD clips.
- Built in full motion 2D DVE with position, scale, resize and rotate features.
- 2 media players allow graphics to be connected to keyers for fill and key layering.
- Transitions include cut, mix, dip to color, SMPTE wipes and more.
- 4 upstream keyers include chroma keyer and 2 downstream keyers are included.
- 3 auxiliary outputs include front panel aux switching buttons and LCD screen for viewing.
- Built in audio mixer live mixes embedded audio from all video inputs and independent audio inputs.
- Balanced XLR stereo analog audio inputs and 1 HiFi RCA stereo audio inputs into built in audio mixer.
- Audio mixer is output onto balanced XLR audio outputs and on all video outputs.
- Internal sources include black, color bars, two color generators and media pool.
- Ethernet connection for control panel connection. Mac and Windows control panel software included.
- Compatible with all ATEM Broadcast Panel control panels when hardware panel is required.
- Black Burst and HD-Tri-Sync genlock input.
- Compact 1 rack unit size for a portable solution.
What's new in ATEM 6.2
- Zoom control added for Blackmagic Studio Cameras with compatible lenses
- General performance and stability updates
What's new in ATEM 6.1.1
- USB 3 support for Mac OS X
- General performance and stability improvements
What's new in ATEM 6.1
- White balance control for Blackmagic Design Studio cameras on the ATEM Camera UI
- Copy and paste function in the ATEM Camera UI
- 2 M/E switchers can now access M/E 2 as a key input on M/E 1
- Fade to Black now has an Audio follow Video option for easier transitions
- ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K has timecode enabled on program SDI outputs
- General performance and stability updates
What's new in ATEM 6.0
- All ATEM Switchers can now control Blackmagic Studio Cameras from the software control panel
- ATEM Switchers now have a new Graphic User Interface
Click here for the latest Firmware and Software