AJA RovoCam Integrated 4K/HD Camera with HDBaseT
AJA RovoCam Integrated 4K/HD Camera with HDBaseT
- 1/2.3" 8.93MP BSI CMOS Sensor
- UHD at 25/29.97 fps
- 1080p at 50/59.94 fps
- 12x Optical Zoom (20x Intelligent Zoom)
- HDBaseT Interface
- Video, Power, & Control over Cat 5e/6
- Additional Power and RS-232 Connections
- Supports Sony VISCA Camera Control
- Compact and Lightweight
- Optional Sony Outdoor Housing
RovoCam is AJA’s first compact block camera for industrial, corporate, security, ProAV and broadcast applications. RovoCam’s HDBaseT interface supports control of 4K/UltraHD video, power, stereo audio and RS-232 over a single Cat 5e/6 cable.
RovoRx-HDMI, the companion receiver, offers the simplest integration with RovoCam offering an HDMI output, stereo audio out, control and power.
Superior Optics, Simply Delivered
RovoCam’s marriage of lens to delivery begins with superior Sony optics, complete with built-in 12 x optical zoom and up to 20 x zoom with Sony Super Resolution Zoom and autofocus or manual focus capabilities; all easily controlled remotely via Sony's VISCA protocol.
RovoCam is built around Sony’s 4K (Sony FCB-ER8300) camera module featuring a back illuminated CMOS sensor and Sony image processing for excellent performance.
What sets RovoCam apart from other cameras in its category, is an integrated HDBaseT interface supporting uncompressed video, power, stereo audio and RS-232 control over a single Cat 5e/6 cable running at lengths of up to 100 meters.
Delivering this much functionality and power with single cable connectivity dramatically simplifies installation, camera setup and footprint requirements.
Distance, Power and Control. All Over a Single Cable.
HDBaseT sits at the heart of RovoCam.
RovoCam itself features an integrated HDBaseT transmitter. Not only does HDBaseT offer affordable long cable runs up to 100 meters over standard Cat5e/6 cables, it also passes RovoCam’s gorgeous UltraHD/HD imagery, audio, control of the camera, and power to the unit.
A single Cat 5e/6 cable carries all uncompressed video, 2-Channel audio, VISCA camera control, and power for the simplest installation ever due to RovoCam’s integrated HDBaseT interface.
• 1 x HDBaseT connector (RJ-45) allowing camera interaction and control, uncompressed video, audio and power all over one Cat 5e/6 cable.
• 1 x 3.5mm Stereo Mic audio input
• 1 x 3.5mm RS-232 input
• 1 x local power connector
Simple to Install. Simple to Operate.
Note: Power and RS-232 connections on RovoCam are not needed if those functions are supplied by the HDBaseT interface.
Robust, Reliable, Desirable
RovoCam is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. Built of rugged aluminum, RovoCam is reliable and built for serious use, and its light weight and compact body allows simple mounting in a wide range of scenarios. From tripod, stage, conference room to security camera mounts, RovoCam can go wherever you need it to.
RovoCam is also compatible with standard Sony outdoor housings, ensuring reliable performance in all outdoor environments.
Powerful Optics meets Easy Transport.
RovoCam when paired with RovoRx-HDMI utilizes the power of HDBaseT, combining video signal, camera control, audio and power all passing over one standard Cat 5e/6a cable.
RovoRx-HDMI HDBaseT receiver provides an HDMI 1.4b video output for monitoring, audio output, and RS-232/VISCA for complete camera control. VISCA control can be passed through to a joystick controller or alternatively to a computer with a com port for software control.
Just plug in your RovoRx-HDMI receiver unit and your camera is up and running and ready to use.
RovoCam is simple to control via flexible software and hardware support.
RovoCam offers industry standard Sony VISCA protocol support, Local RS-232 connectivity and control over a single Cat 5e/6 cable through HDBaseT.
Work your way, whether a fan of compatible joystick driven hardware, or through software like RocoSoft’s PTZJoy Camera Control Software or Serial Port Tool's PTZ Controller (version 3.2) or more; you’re in control.
• Sony FCB-ER8300
• (UltraHD) 3840 x 2160p 25, 29.97
• (HD) 1080p 50, 59.94
• (HD) 1080i 50, 59.94
• (HD) 720p 50, 59.94
• (SD) 720 x 480p 59.94
• (SD) 720 x 576p 50
• YUV 4:2:2, RGB 4:4:4
• Progressive scan CMOS, 1/2.3 3840 x 2160 8.93 Mega Pixels
• Noise reduction (2D/3D)
• Visibility Enhancer ICR (Day and Night) Slow AE
• High Sensitivity
• Character Generator
• Color Enhancement Picture Effect
• Spherical Privacy Zone Masking
• Focal Length: 3.9mm to 36.8mm
• Auto, Manual, One push trigger mode
• Zoom, Focus, Iris, IRCS
• 1.8 to 2.0
Horizontal Angle of View
• 70.7 degrees (wide)
• 6.2 degrees (telephoto)
• 12x optical, 20x or 24x with Super Resolution Zoom
Super Resolution Zoom
• UltraHD: 1.67x (max 20x combined with 12x optical zoom)
• HD: 2.0x (max 24x combined with 12x optical zoom)
• Auto, ATW, Indoor, Outdoor, One Push, Manual, Sodium lamp
Video Output Digital
• HDBaseT (RJ-45, Requires Receiver Unit such as RovoRx-HDMI)
• Cat 5e 70m (230 ft) or Cat 6a 100m (328 ft)
Audio Input Analog
• 1 x 3.5mm TRS Input with 3V PiP (Plug in Power)
• 1 x 3.5mm TRS Input for RS-232/VISCA camera control.
*RS-232 can also pass the control from the RovoRx-HDMI unit as well.
• VISCA Compatible Control Software and Hardware
• AJA Control Software
• 1 x USB to 3.5mm TRS cable for RS-232 contro
Size (w x d x h)
• 2.8” x 5.9” x 3.6" (71mm x 149.9mm x 91.4mm) (Including tripod mount and cold shoe)
• 2.2 lbs (1.0 kg)
• 10-12Vdc 2 pin pluggable terminal block, 0.6A max
• 6W typical, 8W max or Power over HDBaseT
• Conforming to IEEE802.3af-2003 mode A, 6W typical, 8W max
• Safe Operating Temperature Range: 0C to 40C (32F to 104F)
• Operating Relative Humidity: 10-90% non-condensing
• Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet)
• Safe Storage Temperature (Power OFF): -40 to 60 degrees C (-40 to 140 degrees F)