AJA OG-X-FR OpenGear-Compatible 2RU Rackframe
2RU, 20-Slot Frame, Single Power Supply.
AJA OpenGear-Compatible 2RU Rackframe - OG-X-FR
openGear is an open-architecture, modular frame system designed by Ross Video and supported by a diverse range of terminal equipment manufacturers, including AJA.
The AJA OG-X-FR is a 2RU high openGear frame which is compatible with any openGear card and offers Dashboard support for the latest AJA Dashboard compatible openGear cards. The frame has a 20-slot capacity with excellent cooling capabilities for high-density applications and compatibility with advanced openGear connectivity options for supported cards.
- 2RU frame with capacity for up to 20 openGear cards
- 600 watt power supply with integral cooling, optional 2nd power supply
- Front LCD display for name, IP address and fault identification
- FrameGlow customized identification and alarming
- Support for analog, digital, video, audio, SDI and IP modules in the same frame
- Removable front door and air filter for easy fan servicing and maintenance
- Standard DashBoard control system for setup, control and monitoring
- Optional SNMP control and monitoring, and DataSafe card backup and restore
- Includes preinstalled standard network card (MFC-8322-S)
One control system unites all openGear suppliers: DashBoard for setup, real-time control, monitoring, and tools for creating customized workflow through CustomPanels. The optional Advanced Networking controller from ROSS features DataSafe, which automatically saves and restores settings if a module is swapped.
While many of AJA's openGear cards are energy-efficient, the high-density nature of rackmount cards can generate heat in a small space. Integrated fans in the OG-X-FR keep internal components operating at acceptable temperatures, leading to improved reliability and longer card life.
OG-X-FR offers more power and cooling for the most demanding UltraHD, 12G SDI & IP workloads.
OG-X-FR accommodates 2 front-loaded, hot-swappable power supplies. Each power supply contains an independent cooling fan, status LED, and a front mounted power switch.
- Total system power of 600W
- New high power mode allowing 23W per slot
OG-X-FR ships with a power supply included. When seeking redundancy for extra security in critical environments, order an additional OG-X-PS from your reseller.
US MSRP $659
A fold-down front panel provides you quick access to any of the installed cards for easy maintenance or replacement without having to remove the rack frame or climb behind the rack.
The openGear standard ensures that AJA cards will be compatible with other openGear products from certified openGear partners. With a growing list of products, openGear is the future of rackframe products.
The modular rear panel allows custom I/O connections per card (included with individual cards).
The optional redundant power supply provides a secondary power source in the event of a primary power failure.
A standard Ethernet connection allows the frame to be accessed via the Dashboard application for overall frame communication. Optional per-card Ethernet access can be installed in the frame for advanced communication with compatible openGear cards.
AJA Quality Guaranteed
All AJA products are covered by a five year warranty and AJA's advanced replacement policy. If a replacement is necessary, AJA will ship a new unit immediately without the need to send the original unit back first, insuring you are up and running again as quickly as possible.
Information on the complete line of AJA Rackframes and cards are now available in the Mini-Matrix mobile app on iOS. AJA product are extensive and this app helps you find the right converter for any situation, wherever you are.
Individual products have links back to the main AJA website for more details and you can email product information directly from the app. The free AJA Mini-Matrix app for iPad® and iPhone® is available now in the Apple iTunes® Store.
Frame Controller and Fans
- Total Power: 50W maximum
- Max. Power: +12V Rail 4A, 48W
- Max. Power: -7.5V Rail 0.2A (1.5W)
- Total Power: 3.9W maximum
- Max. Power: +12V Rail 0.2A (2.4W)
- Max. Power: -7.5V Rail 0.2A (1.5W)
- Number of Inputs: 2 looping
- Level: 1Vpp nominal
- Signal: Analog video sync (Blackburst or tri-level), or AES/EBU DARS
- Impedance: 75 ohms terminating
- Return Loss: >30 dB to 30 MHz
- Maximum DC on REF Input: ±1V
- 20 Slots
- Total Power Available: 500W
- Maximum Card Power:
- High Density (Split) Rear Module: 15W per card, accommodates two openGear cards and requires two slots in the frame chassis
- Standard Rear Module Accommodates one openGear card and requires two slots in the frame chassis: 30W per card, or 45W if the openGear card has integrated cooling.
- Double Wide Rear Module: 60W per card, or 75W for a single card with integrated cooling, or 90W for a multi-slot assembly with integrated cooling and receiving power from two or more midplane connectors.
Size (w x d x h)
- 2RU 3.5” x 19.0" x 17.7" (88.9 x 482.6 x 449.58 mm)
- Total Sum of both outputs not to exceed 500W
- Input: 6.3A (650W)
- Output 1: 12V 41.6A, 500W maximum
- Output 2: -7.5V 5A, 37.5W maximum
- Safe Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 C (32 to 104 F)
- Operating Relative Humidity: <90% noncondensing