AJA OG-12GDA-2x4 openGear Dual 1x4 12G-SDI Distribution Amplifier
Announcing the new OG-12GDA-2x4 openGear 12G-SDI distribution amplifier, featuring support for HDR video and DashBoard for remote monitoring. The new card includes dua- channel inputs for incoming 12G-SDI signals, with reclocking of the distributed signals to dual 4x 12G-SDI outputs.
AJA openGear Dual 1x4 12G-SDI Distribution Amplifier - OG-12GDA-2x4
- Dual 1x4 12G-SDI openGear Distribution Amplifiers
- 2x 12G-SDI BNC inputs
- 8x noninverting 12G-SDI BNC outputs
- Format agnostic 270 Mbps – 12 Gbps video formats
- Automatic input equalization and output reclocking
- Support for HDR video
- Passes embedded audio, all ancillary data including closed caption and time code
- Input Present and Input SMPTE Lock LEDs
- 10x 12G-BNC rear connector module included
- Power: 4.5 watts
- Hot swappable
- DashBoard Support with OGX, OG3 and DFR-8321 openGear frames
- Five year warranty
The OG-12GDA-2x4 is an openGear compatible, state of the art 12G-SDI distribution amplifier. The incoming 12G-SDI signals on the dual input channels are automatically equalized and the outputs are automatically reclocked to four 12G-SDI outputs each. This dual input capability allows double the number of DAs in limited frame space. A 10x BNC rear connector module is included.
Designed for use in high density openGear 2RU frames including AJA’s OG-X-FR frame, new DashBoard software support on Windows, macOS and Linux offers remote control and monitoring of the openGear architecture and provides convenient and industry standard configuration, monitoring and control options over a PC or local network.
The 12G-SDI inputs are automatically equalized and the outputs are automatically reclocked with best in class input jitter tolerance. SDI rates of 270Mb, 1.5Gb, 3Gb, 6Gb and 12Gb are supported. Two SDIs inputs and eight SDI outputs are provided. A 10x BNC rear openGear connector module is included.
The openGear standard ensures that AJA cards will be compatible with other openGear products from certified openGear partners. With a growing list of products, openGear is the future of rack frame products.
Download DashBoard Software
DashBoard software offers quick and convenient configuration and control of openGear cards on macOS, Windows and Linux.
For the latest DashBoard software downloads for your platform of choice, please visit:
The modular rear panel allows custom I/O connections per card (included with individual cards).
The optionally redundant power supply provides a secondary power source in the event of a primary power failure.
A standard Ethernet connection allows the frame to be accessed via the Dashboard application for overall frame communication. Optional per-card Ethernet access can be installed in the frame for advanced communication with compatible openGear cards.
Information on the complete line of AJA Rackframes and cards are now available in the Mini-Matrix mobile app on iOS. AJA product is extensive and this app helps you find the right converter for any situation, wherever you are.
Individual products have links back to the main AJA website for more details and you can email product information directly from the app. The free AJA Mini-Matrix app for iPad® and iPhone® is available now in the Apple iTunes® Store.
AJA’s technical support is recognized as among the best in the industry and is available to all AJA customers. If you need assistance with any aspect of your openGear installation, configuration, operation or encounter any technical issue, AJA Support will work with you to get up and running.
OpenGear products are covered by a generous five-year international warranty.
- 150 Mbps - 12 Gbps, format-agnostic
- 2x 12G-SDI BNC, SMPTE-259/292/424/2081/2082
Video Output Digital
8x 12G-SDI BNC, SMPTE-259/292/424/2081/2082, noninverting
(Belden 1694A coax)
- 12 Gbps, 45m
- 6 Gbps, 90m
- 3 Gbps, 140m
- 1.5 Gbps, 185m
- 270 Mbps, 365m
- 270 Mbps, 1.483 Gbps, 1.485 Gbps, 2.967 Gbps, 2.970 Gbps, 5.934 Gbps, 5.940 Gbps, 11.868 Gbps, 11.880 Gbps - Auto Select
- All other rates are passed through and not reclocked
- openGear DashBoard network control software via Windows, macOS or Linux
Size (w x d x h)
- openGear standard form factor, front slot and rear card
- Two slots required for each card
- 0.5 lb (0.3 kg)
- openGear frame compatible, 4.5 watts max per card
- Safe Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 C (32 to 104 F)
- Safe Storage Temperature (Power OFF): -40 to 60 C (-40 to 140 F)
- Operating Relative Humidity: 10-90% noncondensing
- Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet)