The Cube 555, like the original, is a camera-top wireless video encoder. The unit streams via dual-band WiFi, an Ethernet port, or a single 3G/4G USB modem.
The Cube 555 includes all of the same great features of the original Cube such as a compact aluminum chassis, comprehensive transport protocol support like RTP/RTSP/RTMP/MPEG-TS, and a variety of camera inputs. To bring Cube to the next level, Teradek has added a variety of important new features such as:
Cube’s new OLED enables users to rapidly change and review the settings of their unit in addition to providing real-time feedback for filenames, recording status, and wireless connectivity. No longer are computers or iPads needed for configuration; every feature is a simple click away.
Cube’s built-in Li-ION battery will give users up to 2 hours of runtime, which allows for seamless battery swapping or quick broadcasts. The battery can also be charged from an AC adapter or even a suitable external battery such as an Anton Bauer.
MIMO Access Point
The new MIMO access point feature greatly improves wireless performance and enables special features such as wireless camera control for devices without a WiFi capability built in, and ensures improved connectivity from an iPad or Android tablets.
Cube now comes with a headphone output for immediate audio monitoring.
The micro SD slot enables Cube to save on-board proxy recordings in real time. The recorded files (.mov or .mp4) are automatically synced with your proxy server over WiFi or cellular connections.
Cube’s micro USB port will charge the new internal battery.
The new Cube also supports dozens of Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), including Ustream, Justin.tv, Livestream, Youtube Live, and many others.
- Compression Algorithm: Baseline, Main and High Profile H.264
- Main and Baseline profiles
- Bit Rate: 250 Kbps to 10 Mbps
- Built in Video Scaler and Deinterlacer
VIDEO STREAMING SUPPORT
- Network Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, NTP, SSL, IGMP
- Transport Protocols: RTP, RTSP, RTP over HTTP, MPEG-TS**
- RTMP (Adobe Flash Streaming)
- HTTP Live Steaming
- Point to Point (TCP or UDP), Multiple Unicast (UDP), or Multicast (UDP+IGMP)**
- Audio Compression: AAC-LC, MPEG Layer 2
- Embedded Audio Input
- Analog Line or Mic in, adjustable gain
- Headphone output, adjustable volume
- Dimensions: 2.5"W x 3.5"D x .9"H
- Weight: 8oz
- Feature-rich WebUI for configuration and control
- OLED LCD Display with joystick Navigation buttons
- On/Off and Reset Switch
- Micro SD
- Powered USB 2.0 host port
- Ethernet: 10/100BASE-T
- WiFi: Dual Band 802.11 a/b/g/n MiMO
- USB Modem support**
- 2 Pin Lemo Power input
- Internal Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery
- USB Charging
- Nominal Power Consumption: 3W
- Nominal Power Consumption while Charging : up to 10W
- Auxiliary Power Input: 6-28V DC
*Currently supporting RED One, RED Epic, Arri Alexa and select Sony and Canon cameras. Please contact Teradek Support. to confirm support for your camera first.
- Send Your Content Anywhere
Cube will transmit live video from any location with an Internet connection.
- Streaming to an iPad
Cube enables producers, clients, and others on set to monitor every shot live on their iPads.
- Broadcast Live to the Internet
With a simple press of the Go Live! button, Cube will stream directly to your website, Facebook page, or a content delivery network (CDN) of choice.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Cube 555
- 110-240V AC Power Adapter
- Ethernet Cable
- USB Stick with TeraCentral Desktop Software
- HDMI Cable
- Hot Shoe Adapter with Thumbscrew
Cube Firmware Version 7.3.2
Changes and Improvements
- Setup wizard view did not display correctly
Teradek Firmware Version 7.3.1
- Added 1080p50/59.94/60 3G-SDI input support for T-RAX encoders, Bond Pro, Cube Pro
- Added vidloss pattern generator options for T-RAX encoders, Bond Pro, Cube Pro
- Added support for Huawei E3272 modem
Changes and Improvements
- Fixed closed captioning support for T-RAX encoder cards
- Huawei E3276 modem would not connect
- Decoder front panel could become unresponsive in some configurations
- RTMP auto-reconnect did notwork if messages from the destination server were lost
Teradek Firmware Version 7.3.0
- Added Core Direct mode (activatable) - allows Teradek devices to communicate directly with Core for configuration and status information
- Snapshots, status, and settings are available on Core
- Streaming operation is not affected, does not need to pass through Sputnik
- Added YouTube Live support
Changes and Improvements
- Free add-ons can now be activated directly from web UI's Licenses page
- Improved firmware upgrade robustness, added update checking to web UI
- No longer start NTP server mode if NTP is enabled (client only)
- Updated OpenSSL version to 1.0.0p (Jan. 2015)
- Audio artifacts were present in Bond Pro streams at some input/output resolutions
- Bond II: Audio stream would not start if video was plugged in after codec booted
- Bond RTMP statuses were not updated correctly
- Bonding settings occasionally failed to apply
- Some HDMI 1080P input formats were being cropped/shifted
- Web UI authorization could expire incorrectly
- Start broadcast option was not present on front panel for Live Internet Streaming modes
Download the latest Firmware and Software