Roland R-26 Portable Recorder CALL FOR LEAD TIME ON THIS PRODUCT
Hand-Held Field Recorder
- Built-In Stereo Mics
- Six-Channel Simultaneous Recording
- USB Connectivity
Discover True Multi-Dimensional Sound
Superior detail, depth, and unparalleled flexibility—welcome to a new world of portable recording.
The R-26 captures audio with high-definition direct sound, as well as the rich natural ambience of the recording environment. With dual stereo mics, six channels of simultaneous recording, and much more, this portable recorder offers true professional quality and flexibility, opening the door to limitless creative possibilities.
|Two types of built-in stereo mics—omnidirectional and directional—operate independently of each other. |
The R-26’s dual stereo mics provide the ultimate flexibility in different recording applications. In addition to capturing recordings that leverage the individual characteristics of OMNI (omnidirectional) and XY (directional) mics, you can mix the mics together to achieve the optimum balance.
|Support for up to six channels of simultaneous recording—a powerful tool for professional applications. |
In addition to the onboard mics, the R-26 provides XLR/TRS inputs for up to six channels (three stereo) of simultaneous recording. For example, you can capture an instrument up close with the built-in mics, record room ambience with external mics, and save them as separate files for mixing together later.
|Three-channel IARC circuitry reduces interference between inputs for high-quality sound. |
The R-26 is equipped with Roland’s proprietary IARC (Isolated Adaptive Recording Circuit) on the inputs for the built-in mics and as well as the external inputs. This analog circuit is completely isolated from the digital circuitry and has its own power supply, reducing digital noise and achieving very clear sound.
Hand-held field recorders have been hot commodities for musicians, recording engineers, and sound designers for years. Today, the mercury rises in this dynamic market with the debut of the game-changing R-26. This innovative recorder is portable yet loaded with first-class, professional features, the likes of which the industry has not seen before. There are two types of stereo microphones built into the R-26, plus a pair of XLR/TRS combo inputs for external mics, and an input for a stereo plug-in powered mic. Choose simultaneous combinations of the built-in mics (directional and omnidirectional), as well as the external inputs. Capture live performances with simultaneous line and ambient signal paths, record important speeches, lectures, and presentations, or take the R-26 into the inner city or deep forest for pristine field capture. The sky’s the limit with this powerful, portable, and incredibly flexible recorder.
- Two types of built-in stereo microphones (omnidirectional and directional) that can be used in various combinations
- Two XLR/TRS combo inputs with 48 V phantom power, plus an input for a stereo plug-in powered mic
- Supports up to six channels (three stereo channels) of simultaneous recording
- Large LCD touchscreen display for intuitive navigation
- Large input-level knobs for fine adjustment
- Built-in Hi-Speed USB interface for use as an audio interface or external storage
- Loop-Back function; combine this with the built-in or external mics for the optimum live video streaming setup (only with Audio Interface function)
- Bundled with SONAR LE software (PC)