- New options enable high-quality proxy video (requires AJ-YDX30)and wireless LAN capability (requires AJ-WM30).
- A newly designed body with low center of gravity offers unobstructed views on both sides and weighs approx. 3.9 kg (8.6 lb)(without accessories).
- Power consumption is approx. 34 W for the camera recorder only, about 23% lower than a conventional model.*6
- The 2.2 megapixel 2/3-type 3CCD provides high-resolution full-pixel (1920 x 1080) HD images.
- A high sensitivity of F11/F12*1, and an excellent S/N ratio of 59 dB.*2
- The AVC-Intra 100 codec records high-quality images using 10 bit/4:2:2 sampling.
- Supports high-quality 24-bit audio recording*3
- The one-clip recording function records multiple cuts in a single clip.
Panasonic's HPX3100 is a broadcast ENG workhorse. It is perfectly balanced, easily controlled and delivers beautiful HD pictures and full 4 channel audio.
The new AJ-HPX3100 may just change the way you view high-end broadcast camera recorders. Its new body design has a low center of gravity for added stability and gives you an unobstructed view to both sides. It weighs only about 3.9 kg(8.6 lb). Two P2 card slots reside on the side where the main controls are arranged. Boasting excellent mobility and easy operation, the camera section incorporates a 2.2 megapixel 2/3-type 3CCD, a high-performance DSP, and an AVC-Intra Codec LSI. The AJ-HPX3100 records broadcast-quality HD video with full-pixel (1920 x 1080) resolution using 10bit/4:2:2 sampling. It has a high sensitivity of F11 (60i)*1 or F12 (50i)*1 at 2,000 lx and low noise with a 59 dB*2 S/N ratio to assure the level of recording quality that is demanded for broadcasting and video production. P2 HD functions newly offered by the AJ-HPX3100 include 24 bit audio,*3 high-quality proxy recording*4, and wireless metadata input capability via wireless LAN*5. Armed with the reliability and quick recording starts of solid-state memory cards, the AJ-HPX3100 could revolutionize your news gathering and program production workflow.
The AJ-HPX3100 has also dramatically reduced power consumption as compared with the conventional model*6, thus improving mobility and helping to protect the global environment.
New Design for an Enhanced Level of Mobility
The innovative new form of the AJ-HPX3100 brings greater mobility, comfort and operating ease to the familiar shoulder-held shooting style. The body is small and weighs just 3.9 kg (8.6 lb) without accessories. A large shoulder pad and low center of gravity combine to ensure outstanding stability on the shoulder. The low-profile design also provides an unobstructed view to the camera operator’s right. All operation switches, volume controls and P2 card slots are set on the left side of the camera. Their logical horizontal arrangement makes it easy to insert and remove cards quickly.
High-Resolution Proxy Video Supported(New Option)
When equipped with the newly developed optional AJ-YDX30 Video Encoder Board, the AJ-HPX3100 can record proxy data, which supports a file format with higher resolution and better sound quality than previous formats, in a P2 card or SD/SDHC memory card. Furthermore, it enables the evaluation of video quality during off-line editing to improve work efficiency.
*Proxy data cannot be recorded if the Loop REC function is used in recording. Proxy data is AV data with low-resolution video and audio containing a time code, metadata, and other control information. DCF technologies are used under license from Multi-Format, Inc.
Latest Software and Firmware
AJ-HPX3100 Ver 38.30
The following improvement is enabled by this update.
1. Compatibility with microP2 Card
2. The remaining battery level is indicated in percentage when a battery with this function is installed on the unit.
3. Support for iOS6 (iPad/iPod touch/iPhone) in network function.
Video Encoder Board AJ-YDX30G
Wireless Module AJ-WM30 series
Wireless LAN Upgrade Software Key AJ-SFU3100G series
Click here for the latest Firmware and Software