NewTek TriCaster 460 Multi-Standard Vision Mixer (TC460MS) includes Control Surface CALL FOR LEAD TIME ON THIS PRODUCT
Mobile producers, independent video and Web TV experts, advanced worship producers, and corporate video departments are the inspiration for TriCaster 460’s boldly-go-anywhere attitude. For anyone producing professional real-time video in small or roving bases of operation, getting there is just the start.
The most versatile and extensive of NewTek's mobile-scale multi-camera video solutions, TriCaster 460’s any-format, any-resolution, any frame-rate I/O and amped-up production capabilities let you connect any camera, access any available video source, and go live from locations you've only imagined. And, with 3D and holographic sets, you can go live from virtually any world.
Produce a 4-camera show that looks infinitely bigger, with layered video, real-time compositions, and multiple submixes that give the look of adding 4 other switchers into the stream. Deliver multi-channel media with simultaneous streaming and social media publishing. Record every feed for later remixing, sweetening, or just fixing mistakes—but leave the expensive, extraneous decks, encoders, and other superfluous gear for others to set up and take down while you’re on the move. And, TriCaster 460 packs it all into a 2U frame.
When the show’s over in the field, get the source footage to your creative team for tricked-out postproduction, or create whole new programs from the media you already captured. With TriCaster 460, your revenue opportunities are just taking off.
- 4-M/E, 15-channel video switching with audio mixer, titles, warping transitions, buffers, DSK and DVE effects
- Flexible I/O with mix-and-match HD and SD component, composite, and SDI connectivity for any resolution, frame synced for optimal video processing
- Customizable visuals to brand each program with its own high-end look and feel
- Virtual sets with 3D environments and panoramic appearance, including realistic camera movements
- Extensive automation and breakout control of commands and complex sequences
- Custom, interactive elements and effects sequences triggered by talent
- Publish to social networks, stream live, record and project – simultaneously
- Record each camera feed for later production with our groundbreaking IsoCorder multi-track capture technology
- Post-production workflows with extensive file format compatibility and removable storage
- Deliver from a van, small studio, broadcast control room, backstage, blogger's workspace
- Based on the innovative concept of a single system to broadcast, project stream, and record simultaneously, TriCaster 460’s multiple turnkey functions do the work usually requiring racks of equipment, but integrated into a small, van-friendly footprint instead. Just one system replaces gear for recording, encoding, switching, submixing, playback, audio mixing, DVE, advanced graphics and titling, animation store, scan conversion, multiple channels of virtual sets, live streaming, camera automation, scopes and monitors, and social media publishing.
Scaled for Mobility
- Professional-grade gear in a compact size. Industry-standard analog and digital connectivity, along with swift setup and teardown for in-and-out coverage, make the most of just 2U of rack space in a production vehicle or other space, and help you gain a freedom of movement that's just not possible with racks of individual components pieced together. Available with or without a compact counter-sunk or countertop control surface that goes anywhere.
- TriCaster 460 provides connectivity to prepare for any location scenario. Connect multiple cameras with the capability to mix and match connection types, including SDI, component, composite and Y/C; and even camera types with varying SD and HD resolutions and formats. Equally flexible outputs can send a variety of feeds to multiple destinations and displays—even send a signal to another TriCaster over the network with a network output.
4-channel ISO Source Recording
- NewTek’s seriously forward-thinking IsoCorder™ technology combines the capabilities of racks and racks of video capture equipment, providing multi-track, multi-format recording of up to four simultaneous channels. Record any combination of your finished show, a clean feed, raw source captures from any camera, or more, at full resolution—directly from the user interface.
15-channel Multi-camera Production
- Connectivity for 4 camera sources. Color correction, keying, cropping, scaling, and frame sync on every input. Video playback from 2 DDRs—not just short clips with an overly restrictive frame count: we’re talking full-length packages and whatever else you need. Digital media from 2 built-in graphic and sound slots. 2 network sources for sharing computer displays, wireless iOS devices, or any over-the-network source. And 4 M/E banks to stage live virtual sets, create real-time compositions and presets, and submixes that can act as upstream switchers (or secondary programs out).
Expanded Media Sources: Buffers and Network Inputs
- Providing greater built-in source variety than any other 15-channel system is just the start. TriCaster 460 gives producers instant access to even more content in real time, without adding equipment or crew. 10 still buffers and 5 animation buffers provide 15 bonus “always on” sources. And enhanced network inputs support cloud video, streaming servers, remote cameras, remotely hosted clips, USB cameras and more, dramatically expanding content and programming possibilities without taking up a hardware input.
- The TriCaster integrated multi-channel audio mixer is loaded with enhancements that raise the caliber of your shows’ sound to the same professional, network quality as the visuals. Unprecedented routing, customization, control and flexibility—and further opportunities for sound configuration and delivery like simulcast audio, multi-language presentation, and mix-minus applications (such as Skype calls and phoners)—without the investment in scores of external hardware. If live control by an audio operator is what you want, you get full support for mixing from our iPad remote mixer app, the Avid® Artist Mix control surface, and other third-party audio control interfaces.
Visual & Motion Effects
- TriCaster 460 has the most powerful integrated effects engine available in live production. From full-color, animated transitions with alpha channel and embedded audio, to real-time cloth dynamics, 3D video warping, and transformations with TransWarp effects and motion overlays; all the way to your own custom, branded effects using the included Animation Store Creator application, and real-time, multi-layered compositions with 4 M/E rows and motion effects. TriCaster 460 lets nothing stand in the way of getting the look you want or the professional presentation your organization demands.
- Automation functions in TriCaster 460 help you experiment with more complex sequences but leave nothing to chance during a live production. Reduce on-air mistakes with macros—streamline real-time shot sequences that make the show look more sophisticated, but are too complicated to execute live and risk costly errors. Unlimited external control functions with MIDI sequencing enables show control of nearly any command, or offloading tasks to additional crew. With hotspots, talent can trigger automated sequences requiring extraordinary timing with on-camera gestures, effectively controlling a segment without an operator. And add remotely controlled robotic cameras as input sources, without the need to add camera operators.
- Even if your "set" is really a multi-purpose room or the corner of a studio, your viewers will not only see your professional brand shine through—they’ll see any world you want to create, without the high cost or heavy construction. With TriCaster 460 system's virtual sets, you can elevate your look with realistic foregrounds and live moving backgrounds. Not just high-end studio looks either: take a panoramic of any location with your smart phone, or a 3D model from any universe you create, and make it your scene using our holographic LiveSet capability, bringing augmented reality that much closer to live. Add real-time energy to any virtual set with two live sources—each with overlay, all with transitions, sounds, 3D DVEs and effects. Live camera moves and shot changes during production bring your new location to life.
Social Media Publishing
- With a brief setup beforehand and the real-time grab of a shot, generate second-screen content for sites like YouTube, Facebook and Twitter during the live show, and extend your brand to online and second-screen platforms—or share assets to common storage locations for instant access by others. Hey, set it all up with a macro and just push a button, and you’ve increased your program exposure without adding equipment, personnel, or lag time.
- TriCaster 460 provides extensive workflow interoperation for postproduction: 4-channel ISO recording enables the capture of all the raw sources coming into the program, for later repurposing or re-use. Expanded media format support (like native QuickTime®-encoded files embedded with timecode and four audio tracks) eliminates conversion for production or editing, speeds up post- production workflows, and enables wider integration of Mac or PC based files. Our codecs for Mac and PC let you encode media assets, optimized for real time.
External and Third-Party Applications
- Through our third-party developer network, TriCaster 460 supports an extended set of products that work directly with the system to provide innovative solutions and workflows in several different areas of your live production, including streaming, graphics, content and controllers. Our SDK enables developers and customers to tap into the power of TriCaster functionality, add applications that enhance the production workflow, and further extend integration with standard and custom installations. And our own suite of peripheral applications and hardware control surfaces rounds out the total solution.